About us - How to find us
The village is ideally positioned for you to enjoy the delights of Snowdonia National Park and Mid Wales to the South and East.
The postcode for satnav is LL35 0ND - most
should bring you to the top of Church Street where we are located, and
detailed directions are below to help. If you do get lost, just call us
and we'll help you out.
Approximate driving times:
- London 4h 45 min
- Birmingham 2h 35 min
- Manchester 2h 50 min
- Chester 2h 10 min
- Bristol 3h 15 min
- Take A493 from either Tywyn or Machynlleth to Aberdovey
- Once in the centre of Aberdovey, turn inland off the main street and into Copper Hill Street (in between a deli and No 8 Seaview Gift Shop) - it's a narrow road so easy to miss first time. Look out for the 'No 8' sign on the gift shop. If coming from Machynlleth, start looking for the turn as soon as you pass the Britannia Inn on the right.
- After 80 metres, take the second right into the small square in front of the 'Fat Face' shop (see picture - click to enlarge) - Church Street is then off the square directly ahead of you (head for the chapel)
- Carry on off the square and into Church Street. The road bends sharply to the right in front of the chapel and is quite narrow, so watch out for traffic coming down the hill towards you.
- Continue up the hill to the end of Church Street (sharp left-hand bend halfway up) without turning off
- Keep going straight ahead up the hill all the way to the top - you'll come to the gates into Aberdovey Hillside Village after about 200m
- Carry on through the gates; park up on the right-hand side of the road; and go to Reception, which is in the courtyard on your left as you park up (sign on pillar)
Coming by train
There are two railway stations close by - Aberdovey (AVY) and Penhelig (PHG). Penhelig is closer and there is a path leading directly to Aberdovey Hillside Village. Trains from Machynlleth stop at both stations, but please note that Penhelig is a request stop, and you will need to ask the conductor to stop the train for you. (To catch a train from the station, National Rail advice is to make yourself clearly visible to the driver.)
Walking from the stations - Penhelig station is slightly closer, and is 10-15 minutes' walk away via a footpath leading up from the main road directly to Aberdovey Hillside Village; but please note that it is steep with several flights of uneven steps. In addition, the route leading to the footpath is along the main road without any footpath for some distance. The route from Aberdovey station is slightly further, but there is a good footpath for virtually all the way.
All services are operated by Arriva Trains Wales. The journey time to Shrewsbury for onward connections is around 1h 40min. Most services require you to change trains.
Once here, you can buy 'Explore Wales' tickets for 'go anywhere' travel.