At Aberdovey Hillside Village we are dedicated to the care and support of all our guests, and make every effort to ensure the security of any personal data we collect from you, by whatever means. Information on how we do this is below, but if you have any further enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This document sets out how we handle any information about you that we hold, and the steps we take to protect it from falling into the wrong hands. It also sets out how we handle website cookies; and some advice about websites we link to from our website.
We've tried to make it as clear as possible - however, some of the legal wording is necessarily a little formal, so if there is anything you are unsure about, or if you have any questions at all, please call us on 01654-767-522.
Cookies on our website
UK law (Data Protection Act 1998) requires us to follow 'data collection principles' and in particular:
- tell you what cookies we use
- explain what they are for
- get your permission to use them
What cookies we use and why
- Like many other website owners, we use Google Analytics to analyse how people use our website. The intention of this is improve the website so that it is as useful as possible for you and other users. To do this, Google serves cookies which are stored on your computer to analyse traffic to our website. Information about your use of our website is shared with Google for that purpose.
- There is a 'contact us' form on our website which you can fill in and submit, which includes your personal details (name, address etc). (You don't have to use this form - you can email us directly via a link on the 'contact us' page.)
If you're not sure about any of this, please stop
using our website and contact
us if you'd like to discuss.
When you provide personally identifiable
Galalent Limited (trading as Aberdovey Hillside Village), we may use it
to provide you with ongoing information about Galalent Limited products
and services. Galalent Limited will not rent, sell or lease this
personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals.
You have a right to access, rectify, modify and delete any data
referring to you. In order to exercise this right please contact us
The information contained in this website is for
information purposes only. The information is provided by Galalent Ltd.
and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct,
we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or
implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or
availability with respect to the website or the information, products,
services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at
your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Galalent Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Galalent Ltd. takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
protects any information that you give Galalent Ltd. when you use this
Galalent Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Galalent Ltd. may change this policy from by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is current as of 01/08/2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your
provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
SecurityWe value the protection of your data very highly for this reason we have chosen Supercontrol to manage online bookings through our website www.hillsidevillage.co.uk. Your personal data is taken on their secure server. Supercontrol is PCI compliant. Your data with them is protected by state-of-the-art encryption and passwords. The systems are scanned frequently for thousands of vulnerabilities and security experts undertake regular tests. Their strict security standards are designed to prevent card fraud. They do not provide us with your credit and debit card details. In addition to the above online security measures, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that via Supercontrol or directly.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to
placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added
and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you
visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to
you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to
your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information
about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of
interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site,
you should note that we do not have any control over that other
website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and
privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites
and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should
exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the
website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use
of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes, if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Galalent Ltd Aberdovey Hillside Village, Aberdovey, Gwynedd LL35 0ND.
- If you believe that any information we are
holding on you is incorrect
or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the
above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be